Sunday, December 18, 2011

Texas!!

Well as some of you know, this last week Markham and I took our little family down to the great state of Texas. We started out spending the weekend in San Antonio. Markham had never been there so we did the RiverWalk and the Alamo. On monday I took Lynlee up to Austin to see my grandma and my extended family there while Markham stayed behind to attend a XCTF Coaches conference. We had TONS of fun and here are some of our memories:


Lynlee at the airport!! She was a little bit more difficult flying this time around compared to last time but it still wasn't bad at all. She only screamed a little and she slept most of the time! On our first flight she got her own seat (left) and she was so happy to be in San Antonio (right)!


Our hotel was AMAZING!!! We stayed at the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort. This is a gigantic gingerbread house in the lobby. It is literally made out of gingerbread and fondant frosting. I couldn't believe it. 


This is our amazing hotel room. You can't tell from the pictures but it was SO big. Just look how tiny Lynlee looks on the bed! The bathroom was incredible too. I haven't been in a shower so nice since the one in our Honeymoon Suite. Right outside our balcony was the water park. Yes, I said water park. Two big slides, two big pools, a lazy river. You name it.


These were some pretty cool light fixtures they had down by the conference center.


This is the resort (it actually had one more wing that you can't see in this picture) and you can see the waterslides. It was incredible.


This is Lynlee and I at the Alamo! It was SO pretty. It's been a really long time since I've been there so it was cool to see it all again.


Lynlee getting her Longhorns pride on!! Hook 'EM! Markham and I in sombreros.


GO GATORS!! We both thought it was pretty hilarious that we found alligator hats since the mascot of Allegheny College (where Markham coaches) is a Gator!


We found this great shop on our way to the RiverWalk that had all these fun hats and neat things to look at. This shop is also where we got the old timey pictures taken. I posted those to Facebook so I didn't really feel the need to post them again (even though I LOVE them. I think they turned out SO good!).


On the RiverWalk! This was so fun. Markham said it was nothing like he pictured it being but he really liked it.


On the RiverWalk!

Just some fun pictures we took along the way. BIG Mustache!!


After our day out we came back to our hotel room and the housekeeper had put Lynlee's toy against the pillows... so cute! haha

SO TRUE!!!!! :]




 Great Grandma Mimi and Great Grandpa Doug!



This is Mimi's plant in her kitchen and I LOVE it! I'd never seen a plant like this and I thought it was so cool.


Lynlee at Mimi's! Don't mind my ridiculous little face in the background.


Lynlee in her very first swimsuit!



Lynlee in her Christmas outfit!


Mimi and Lynlee on our shopping trip!



Leaving San Antonio! The city from the sky.

Overall it was a really great trip. Markham had a great time at his conference. He got to spend a lot of time getting to know other coaches and networking. He also got to learn some new coaching techniques and attend the Bowerman Award Ceremony. The Bowerman is an award given to the most successful college track athlete of the year. Lynlee and I had a great time exploring San Antonio and seeing Mimi and Doug in Austin! We also had my uncle Kerry, uncle Brad, uncle Jeff and aunt Barbara, and cousins Keith, Brandon, and Sara over for dinner one of the nights we were there so that was great to see everyone.

Now it's off to Christmas in Utah!!

1 comment: