Friday, April 27, 2012

Utah Trip/Crafts

Hello all! And by 'all' I mean the seven of you that actually read this. As most of those seven already know, I recently made a trip to Utah to meet my brand new niece, Kate! and freaking gosh she is beautiful!! She has like a zillion hairs on her head, it's amazing. While there, I helped plan and orchestrate a baby shower for Kristin and baby Kate, and it was a total success. It was a baby shower so Mom, my other sisters, and I made all of the decorations (mostly out of diapers), and spent the Friday before making all the food. I have pictures of it all and I will get to those later. Before my Utah trip Markham and I got a new couch (freaking YAY!) and Markham got his beloved recliner. Then on our way to Utah I was pretty nervous for the flight. Lynlee is just at that age where she won't fall asleep in my arms anymore and has to constantly be entertained. Luckily she did great and on one of the flights we even had a free seat in the middle so she got to sit by herself like a big girl!

Lynlee playing in the pillows from our old couch while we were moving it out of the house

our new couch!!! and recliner..

Lynlee just talked to everything outside

her own seat!

treats on her tray

Cake Pop FAIL. we made cake pops for the shower and they didn't all turn out so cute..

Addyson (3 years old) making Lynlee Laugh. SO cute.

lynlee loved annie

diaper cake my mom made. I made the blocks that spell out Kate

these little guys were everywhere. they are a diaper wrapped in a washcloth with a bootie on their head

the cake pops! not so bad, right?

the picture I made for Kristin.

the diaper wreath

little paper diapers with Hershey's Nuggets in them :]

diaper banner my mom and I made

Lynlee with Addyson


Strawberry boobies

Delicious punch with floating ducklings

Lynlee checking out Kate. She's not so sure about the tiny one.

BABY KATE!! :]

Lynlee used the little rubber ducks from the punch as a binky.

Birthday Calendar I made my mom. Each of the little blocks has someone's name and their birth date on it. then my dad will put little chains on each of them and they will hang under their birth month.

Kate sleeping on the beautiful quilt Mimi got for her

Hailey and Addyson sleeping over on my floor

Went to go swimming with Julie and her girls the next day and the fire alarm was going off at the pool. Had to wait about ten minutes before we could even go in.

my little swimmer!! She loves it

Lynlee trying to grab Liam

Lynlee and Liam!

Ryan and Bella LOVE Lynlee



Welcome home... to SNOW. Thanks Pennsylvania.

This is of my friend Char's son Colton running around Lynlee totally confusing her and making her laugh

Lynlee fell asleep playing. She NEVER does that.

What a little nugget!

Lynlee loves pressing her face up against the glass and licking it. Funny. Especially when her dad is standing on the outside of it.

Markham was watching some music videos and Lynlee pulled herself up next to the coffee table and started dancing

A robin laid some eggs the bush next to our front door and they hatched! Now  I have three little Robin babies! SO cute

Lynlee dancing in the bath. She's such a little goober. I couldn't love her more :]

Cute girl in her cute overalls from Aunt Julie


This past week has been super duper busy full of my favorite thing... crafting!! Now that we have a new couch, and are about to get a new big flatscreen (for FREE.. thanks Viggle :] ), I decided we really need a new coffee table and a new end table to match the rest of our new living room. So this week was the coffee table, and next week is the end table. Now, we didn't exactly have hundreds to spend on (more) new furniture so I decided I would take it upon myself to revamp them. Plus I'm a huge fan of the Nate Berkus show and they do this kind of thing on there all the time. So this is my before picture.

This is after getting it all sanded.

This is after two coats of black paint, some white paint down in the crevices that it already had, modgepodge-ing some scrapbook paper around the edges, and modgepodge-ing one of our favorite
 Ohio-an pictures of a waterfall in Hell Hollow to the middle of it. I, personally, am totally in love with it and proud that I came up with it all by myself :] The sanding was a little harder than I thought, and the painting took longer than I thought, but it's also the biggest project I've ever done. and Markham loves it too!

This is a close-up of the picture in the middle. Markham took it the first year we were married

This was another fun little project I did today with my friend Heidi. It was just a block of wood and we painted it, put the picture of the temple on it, and put the ribbon on it. Hers is of the Portland temple since that's where they got married. Oh and it says "Families are Forever" since you can't read it that well in this picture

Markham got new glasses! What a stud!! Much better than his outdated ones he's had for TEN years.

Next week my project will be the end table. I anticipate it being much harder than the coffee table because the legs are much more detailed and complicated and I will most likely end up having to sand all four by hand (ick!). But that one will also be black (no scrapbook paper or pictures this time) and the drawer on it is going to be coral. It will be really pretty and tie in to my new throw pillows. OH YEAH.. I forgot, I made throw pillows... haha here's pictures.

I didn't actually MAKE pillows.. I put covers over ones I already had. but I did have to sew the covers. And I'm obsessed with this fabric. It's super soft (and super cute)

So there's two with flowers and then I made a patchworky one with coral (that's where the coral will tie in)

Okay, now I'm finished. Sorry that was like a mile long.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog and I didn't know you went to Utah. I knew you got a new niece. Your daughter is super cute by the way! I wish we lived close because I LOVE CRAFTS! I haven't been able to do any since I am moving in less than 3 weeks. I'm dying to get my hands sticky and you have given me ideas. AHH! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, your coffee table is AMAZING! Very impressive. I love that you are into crafting. I was just telling Cindy on the phone this morning how Kate has so many cute decorations for her room because you made them all for her. I also mentioned the Nate show on a different subject and said how much I like the show even though I would never actually do anything off of it. I can't even visualize something in my head to create it. That is talent. Love the temple pictures too. Maybe you'll be on the house proud segment one day :)
    Lynlee is so adorable in every picture and I love Markham's new glasses too. Jordan and I kicked back with some cookies and milk and watched all your videos :) Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete