Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Springtime!

Oh my gosh I can't even tell you how grateful I am for how amazing the weather has been the last two weeks. Every single day has been in the 70's and sunshine. Tomorrow is even supposed to get up into the 80's! Today I went to Home Depot and got Daylily bulbs and planted them in our front yard, a hanging plant for our back porch, and some smaller potted flowers for our decorative plant holders on our front porch. But as amazing as it has been, there is one downside... bugs. Bugs and bugs and more bugs! There have been SO many spiders in our house, and centipedes (which entirely creep me out), and mosquitoes. Ok, now back to the good things. Lynlee and I have gone on a walk every single day for the last 9 days straight and it has been so great to get out of the house! I could tell she was starting to get antsy, as was I, and you can only go to wal-mart so many times. I'm glad to have a safe neighborhood to walk around in. I'm also glad for the park in our neighborhood that has a baby swing because Lynlee LOVES it! Last week Markham went home to be with family and I am so glad to have him back now! It's nice to have someone to cook and clean for again, and to sleep next to again, and now we've been talking our walks in the evenings after dinner so that Markham can come too. I know that Lynlee missed him just as much as I did because she was unbelievably excited to see him when we picked him up from the airport! I've somewhat gotten used to him being gone on the weekends because of track meets, but this was a whole week, it was much harder. Anyway, here are some of the highlights from the past couple weeks:

Markham playing with Lynlee while we waited for our food at a Mexican restaurant in Erie

We pulled off at the park n' wait to spend a little extra time with Markham before his plane took off. Lynlee had fun in the driver's seat


Lynlee breaking apart Andrew's toy. I had to hurry and put it back together so he wouldn't be upset.

crazy face, cute outfit

riding the tiger!

clapping on the tiger!

Lynlee swinging for the first time!

Brent and Brenda were nice enough to have us over for dinner while Markham was in Utah

Cheese face!

on a walk

cute outfit!!!

Waiting in the airport to pick up Markham. 

Lynlee army crawling to get a water bottle

silly girl got her arm out of her sleeve

hanging out outside while I planted flowers!

Lynlee walking with Markham!! This was the first time I'd ever seen her do this. What a big big girl!!



No comments:

Post a Comment